Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Science Mentor Text-Explore the Biome Series and a freebie

Happy Sunday! I am excited to link up with Collaboration Cuties for their Must Read Mentor Text linky. This linky party is dangerous for my bank (and with the TPT sale going on this weekend I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive day for me!)

The book I want to share with you is actually a series. Explore the Biome Series by Linda Tagliaferro.


In fourth grade we briefly study landforms in both science and social studies. We also learn about ecosystems on our overnight camping trip, so I like to complete a biome project with my kiddos. I blogged briefly about this project before, you can read about it here. I like to use this series to teach my kiddos how to research. They are full of fun facts about different parts of the biome, like the plants, animals, landforms, climate etc. The other thing that I love is that it is written for 8-10 year olds, so even my lower level kids can read these books without a problem. 


If you are interested in doing a Biome Research Project with your kiddos you can download the plan sheet that I use with my kiddos for free here.

 


What are your favorite science mentor texts to share with your kiddos?


I'm off to do some shopping on TPT. Be sure to use the code BTS13 to receive your extra 10% off! 

3 comments:

  1. The books you have listed look very interesting, I will have to check them out! You have shared a nice worksheet! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science mentor texts are a tough one so I appreciate your suggestions!

    Is it bad that I spent more on buying new products at TpT for this sale than I made on my own products??? Got some great things though! :v)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions. I'm sure your students love the color photographs.
    Have a great week.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete