Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

Please forgive me for the double post today, but I couldn't miss linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade's Currently!



Listening- I love thunderstorms, I know a lot of people are scared of them, but thunderstorms remind me of my childhood. My dad use to sit with us when we were scared during a storm in the middle of the night and watch the storm with us. He taught me not to fear them, but to appreciate their beauty. Can you tell I'm a Daddy's girl?

Loving-Yesterday was my husband's birthday. He is my best friend and I am so thankful for him.

Thinking-I need to create math tests to go with my new math units. Moving to standards based grading is a bit overwhelming. I also have a few more TPT products I need to put the finishing touches on before school starts. Of course I am stalling by posting this blog post!

Wanting-I had some of my bookshelves painted this summer, so I need to re-shelf all of my books...I have thousands of books so if they did it magically that would be fabulous!

Needing-I was planning on running to the store to pick up a few classroom items, but the rain is keeping me in for now.

B2s must haves-If I have Post-it notes, children's books to use as mentor texts and task cards I can happily teach my kiddos. Some of my favorite places to get task cards are Rachel Lynette's TPT store, Teaching with a Mountain View, Flapjack Educational Resources, and Kristin Kennedy's TPT store

What are you Currently doing?

8 comments:

  1. I hope a bookshelf fairy comes to help you...re-shelving takes some time! Post-its are on my B2S must haves as well!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thunderstorms as well! I love it when I can sleep while one is raging!
    Hilary

    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I love about "Currently" is that I always find new blogs to follow! (I've got you on Bloglovin!) I absolutely love Rachel Lynette's task cards, and own almost every set she makes for second graders!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have thousands of books! I know how you feel about thunderstorms- I like them too.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I wish my books would have reshelved themselves, too! I am with you...thousands of books is so overwhelming, but so much fun, too. LOL

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to repaint my shelves this summer...but the thought of packing them up...unpacking them... made me changed me mind. lol. Good luck getting yours reshelved all by themselves. Let me know how that works out for ya. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. My books are all in boxes. I wish they'd reshelve themselves too lol. Good luck with yours :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love listening to the rain. It is so peaceful!

    Here's to hoping that the magic libraries fairies visit your room and put your library back together! (If they do, could you send them my way???)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete