Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Five for Friday-Classroom Reveal and Dice Simulations

Happy Friday! It is the Friday before school starts and I have had a busy week! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday Linky.
fiveforfriday2

I have spent the week working at school and I am finally ready to share my classroom with you! I don't have any name-tags or chair pockets yet because I may have another student or two join us. I like to keep my kiddos in alphabetical order so I'm waiting until the last min. to add those finishing touches.

My Desk area-don't mind the piles
View of the classroom from my desk

Our reading area

Putting my cabinets to good use

Student cubbies

Front of the room (from the back)

Back of the room (from the front)

View when you first walk in the room
 Thanks to those of you that prayed for my husband. He is doing much better. He has a follow-up appointment in two weeks, just to check in and make sure he is still headache free.

I've been busy creating this week. I created two simulations that I plan to use in social studies this year. They are a one-day simulation designed to enhance your unit of study. The first two people to comment-letting me know which simulation they would use in their classroom will receive them for free. Please be sure that you aren't a no-reply blogger. If you are please be sure to leave your e-mail so I can get the product to you!


Don't forget to checkout my Facebook page for your fan freebie!

What have you been up to this week?


14 comments:

  1. I would love the Pilgrim Simulation. I think this will be perfect for around Thanksgiving!

    Rosie
    rose.loiacono@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! I love the reading area.

    Good luck at school next week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks very nice! Glad to hear your husband is improving. Too bad I am comment #4!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like to put my kiddos in ABC order and assign numbers. Sure enough...as soon as I write those numbers on their desks, another student is added who has a name that is at the beginning of the alphabet. :v)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks great! I love those colored tables!!!!! I put my cabinets to good use too-great use of space!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I'm intrigued by the Pilgrim one!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW those colored tables really brighten up your room! I'm so glad to hear that your husband is feeling better. When I read your last post I thought it sounded like West Nile Virus but I sure didn't want to freak you out or be one of THOSE people! I don't even know if you have mosquito viruses in Pennsylvania, but my husband actually had West Nile (meningitis) a few years ago and it was all about the headaches.
    Anyway.. I also love how your IWB has its own "real" spot on the wall instead of mounted on top of an existing whiteboard like mine!
    :) Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your hubby is doing better! Your room looks fantastic! I'd love the Oregon Trail one to use when we learn about it in March! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I number my students and of course... kiddo number 25 (last name starting with C) is coming on Monday! *sigh* Us teachers like to have order...don't they know that?!

    Have a great school year!
    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the set up. Those colored tables are fantastic! I need to find some like those. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colored tables - they really pop in your classroom. I am glad to hear that your husband is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that the hubby is doing better! I hope he has continued improvement.

    The room looks great! I love your windows.

    Tina

    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete