Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher-Teacher Week


Happy Monday! I am back from my lovely relaxing time in Rhode Island. Glen and I got back last night and he had to turn around and leave today for a business trip in New York. It's weird being home alone, but I am getting a lot done today.
I am excited to link up with Blog Hoppin' this week for Teacher Week 2013!
1. I grew up in Rhode Island. I love where I live in PA, but there is a part of me that still wishes I lived in my home state.                                                                  
2. My husband, Glen, and I will celebrate our fourth anniversary this week (on Thursday.) It is hard to believe that four years have already passed! Time flies.
3. I student taught in the exact same classroom that is now mine. When I first graduated from college my co-operating teacher was switching from 4th grade to become the computer lab teacher. They approached me and offered me the position. I was so excited to take it. This year will be my tenth year teaching.
4. My freshman year of college I took a trip to Israel. It was an amazing experience, one of those, once in a lifetime trips that I am so thankful I was able to attend.
5. I am a big Harry Potter fan. Last summer we went on a Disney cruise and then stopped off at Universal to visit Harry Potter world. It was well worth the trip.


6.  Every Christmas my husband builds my class a gingerbread "house." This past year he build the pirate ship. Everything (with the exception of the pan) was edible! My kiddos loved looking at it, and they loved eating it!


7. When I was in high school, my church youth group would go on lots of random outings. Wherever we went we would build a pyramid. The picture above is in a bowling alley at an all-nighter that we attended. The picture is grainy, but it reminds me of the fun times I had as a teenager.

Glen with my niece and nephew

8. I adore my niece and nephew. Spending time with them makes me look forward to having kids of my own. (Hopefully sooner than later!)


9. I love to read and am currently on a Dystopian kick. Some of my favorite new reads are The Hunger Games, Divergent Series, Matched Series, and Delirium Series.


10. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I have a few shows that I really enjoy watching, The Walking Dead, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, and Bones. I know, all super different...I must have weird taste!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6q6AyvDqxQo/UgZxXCUI3ZI/AAAAAAAATzg/JjnuaLBUkT0/s1600/teacherweek.jpg

Be sure to check out Blog Hoppin each day this week for a new linky!

5 comments:

  1. Bethany,

    I bet our DVR's would have the same recorded menus. Too funny!

    Have you read Dark Life? I think you might like it.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie - I had to look up Dystopian! Lol! Happy Anniversary!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Pennsylvania teacher!! I feel like all the blogs that I follow are from the south and it is great to find someone in the same state! I too love the Divergent series and cannot wait for the third book to come out! Did you ever try the Mortal Instrument series? I am currently on the second book City of Ashes and love it! I cannot wait to see your classroom!

    Kimberly
    MiddleSchoolShenanigans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gingerbread pirate ship that your husband made! That is so sweet of him to do that every year. What are the sails made out of?

    By the way, have I told you that I love your blog makeover? It's adorable!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete