Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Spark Student Motivation-We Heard it Through the Grapevine

Happy Saturday! Sorry that I have been so MIA this week. This is my last weekend before I officially have to be at school! New teachers start their orientation on Monday and returning teacher's have to report for a workday. Most of us have been there all week this past week working on our rooms, but there is always so much to do (plus a lot of fun catching up to do!) Our first official meetings are on Wednesday.
Before I head out to dinner to celebrate my anniversary with my wonderful husband I want to link up with Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching for her Spark Student Motivation Saturday Linky.

One project that I am going to do with my kiddos this year to motivate them from the first day is this activity from Adventures of Room 129. Since I teach at a small private school most of the kids know of me, and they know about the fun projects fourth graders do (wiring electric houses, trip to Harrisburg, overnight camping trip, just to name a few.) There are always a few new students that join us that have no idea what exciting things they will be able to participate in. So to help get to know each other, and to build excitement for the coming year, we are going to do the "We Heard it Through the Grapevine" bulletin board.

The board pictured above is from Adventures of Room 129. You can click the picture to go to her blog post about the activity.

What are you looking forward to doing with your kids to spark their motivation at the start of the year?  Be sure to visit Joanne for other motivating ideas!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I hope he takes you somewhere FABULOUS! :)
    Alison
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Bethany! How cute is that activity! What a great idea! My students start Monday and you're right there's soooo much to do! I feel like every time I cross something off my list, I add three more! Thanks for linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.....congratulations on your anniversary! Those first couple weeks are busy!

    ReplyDelete