Happy Friday! It is officially summer for me! We had our final half day today. I still have meetings next week and need to finish packing up my room but I am excited. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
1. On Monday this week my students painted volcanoes that they had created last week. Then on Tuesday we made them erupt! The kids loved it. It was a great way to end our science unit on Earth Movements.
2. On Tuesday, we also had a Roller Coaster Day. You can read more about that here.
3. On Wednesday, we went to Sesame Place. It is an amusement park for our end of the year party and trip. The kids had a blast and we actually managed to make it through the day without any major sunburns!
4. Throughout the last two weeks the students worked on a 1,000 piece puzzle. About five years ago I started to have my students work on a puzzle the last few weeks of school. This puzzle gives the kids something to do at the end of the year instead of annoying each other. If they manage to finish the puzzle within the last two weeks I glue it and frame it. I then hang it in my room. This was how our puzzle looked on Tuesday.
5. Today during the last 30 min. of school the music teacher, my last five kids who were late bus, and I managed to finish the puzzle. Here is the finished product!
What do you use to keep your kiddos occupied during the last few weeks of school? Enjoy your weekend everyone!