Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tricks of the Trade-Poster Storage

It is Thursday, only 6 1/2 days of school (counting today.) I cannot wait! This has been a busy week, but such a good one. I'm trying to enjoy all the time I have left with these kiddos!

I'm linking up with Becky at Compassionate Teacher and Jessica at Joy in the Journey for Tricks of the Trade Thursday.

This weeks topic is Poster Storage and Organization. I'd love to say that my posters are organized...but that would be a lie. I'm a very organized person as a general rule-but my posters are another story. I am looking forward to seeing how others organize their posters. As for storage, I do have a trick for you!

When I first started teaching I was given one of these boxes to store posters in:
Chart Storage Box File and Save System®
The only problem was the box didn't fit anywhere, so it was an eyesore in my classroom. I used it for a few years, but the box really started to look gross. Then I discovered these:

I am able to put my posters in these and hang them in my closet. My posers don't bend or wrinkle and I don't have an eyesore anymore!

What do you do to organize and store your posters? Any organizational tips for me?

5 comments:

  1. I have seen those bags before, but haven't used them. I love the idea of hanging them in the closet! Now if only I had a closet! :)
    Do you have one for each subject? How do you keep the posters organized in the bag? By topic? Chronologically?

    Thanks for linking up, Bethany!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a bag like that and it's great! It keeps the posters from getting bent and keeps them all in one place. At the beginning of the year, I try to organize the bag with posters I'm definitely going to use on one side and older posters that I don't use but don't want to get rid of on the other side. Unfortunately, try as I might, the posters don't usually stay organized inside the bag. The bag is still a helpful tool to have to protect the posters.

    -Amanda
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted the same thing, basically! I did use the boxes but it was not organized so I got the bags which I love because they hang! The boxes were so big and cumbersome!! Great minds think alike!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky enough to have vertical poster shelves built into my closet! Love your blog! Laura
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete