Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Budding Blog

Happy Friday! It seems like it has been a long week for all of us! I am so thankful it is Friday. Only 13 1/2 days left for me!

I'm linking up with I {heart} Recess for her May Budding Blog linky.  It is a linky party for those blogs who have under 200 followers. I am excited to read about some of the other "budding" bloggers.
1. Why did you start blogging?

I was a blog stalker for years. I read many blogs and followed quite a few as well. I learned many things from reading blogs, and got a lot of great ideas as well. After mentoring my third teacher this year, I decided I had a lot of ideas to share as well. I hoped to help give other teachers ideas the way I gained ideas from many of you!

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
My favorite subject to teach use to be science, I loved the hands-on activities and discoveries that my students were able to make. I still love to teach science, but my new favorite is writing. I attended a Writing Institute a few summers ago and became a National Writing Fellow. Doing that was one of the best things I have ever done. I learned so much about how to properly teach writing and that has made it my new favorite!

3. Describe your teaching style.
I believe students learn best by having the chance to experiment, discover, and interact. I try to give my kiddos chances to talk, move, and use technology each day.

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
My husband is graduating college in June (can't wait!) He just got a job offer today, so excited!
My first class are graduating seniors this year! I can't believe how quickly the years have past.
My favorite thing to do to relax is read. I cannot wait to spend some time reading this summer. 

5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
I just started adding products to my store when I started my blog earlier this year. I am looking forward to spending some time this summer to put some of my units together.
My Store

Be sure to check out other Budding Blogs over at Jess's Blog and get to know some new friends!

2 comments: