Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Must Have Mondays-New Year New Gear

I'm linking up with Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang for a new linky; Must have Mondays.

She is having us share our must haves for our classrooms or our everyday life.
I'm also linking up with Pinkadots Elementary for the New Year, New Gear linky.


My first must have for my classroom are composition notebooks.


I use these notebooks with my kiddos for our Reading Workshop, Writing Workshop, and Math Journals. I love them because the pages don't fall out, and it is very difficult for them to rip pages out (I like them to keep everything-even their "mistakes."

 Worlds best pen
My second must have for my classroom is a good set of multicolored pens. I do not like to grade papers in red-I blame it on having teachers who always wrote in red on my papers. I try to use different colors-so the kids don't feel traumatized by one color!

StaplesĀ® Manila File Folders, Letter, 3 Tab, Assorted Position, 100/Box

File folders are my third must have. I use these for so many organizational things. I would be lost without them!

What are your must haves?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! We use the composition books for the same reason. Can you believe I've never made a "lap book" with a file folder? I actually don't really know what they are. I am making it a summer goal to figure that out! :) Have a great week!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only done one...it is my summer goal to create a few more for the kids and I to do next year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up Bethany! I am a HUGE lover of composition notebooks and I couldn't agree more with the pen colors and grading!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun linky. I'm loving to see what others people are choosing for their must haves.

      Delete
  3. We use composition books for every subject in my class. I love how well they hold up through the year and that students can use it as a resource throughout the school year.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to have everything in one spot. All they have to do is grab their notebook and they are ready to go.

      Delete
  4. Yes, we live and die by the composition notebook in my classroom. My kids have even started putting those stretchy book covers on them for fun. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cute idea. Makes them more personal.

      Delete
  5. I love love love love those composition books. The colors are awesome and they make me think of my favorite story books (Amelia Writes) when I was growing up! So cool. I will definitely have to join this link up next week!

    Miss Wilson
    Twenty-Something Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Amelia Writes, you are right, they are just like the covers.

      Delete