Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

With a heavy heart...

To say my visit with my niece and nephew went according to plan would be the largest understatement of my life. The visit started off beautifully, but on Friday my husband received a call that his mother (who lives in Florida) was taken to the hospital, by Saturday afternoon we got the call that the doctor didn't think she would last the night.

Needless to say, Glen and I jumped on a plane and headed to be with her. We made it Saturday night, and were there with her on Easter Sunday when she passed. It was so sudden and such a surprise that it threw all of us into a tailspin. I am so thankful we were there, but my heart is heavy. We spent last week helping Glen's dad, brother, and sister with the funeral arrangements and cleaning the house to prepare for the family that was coming in for the funeral.

The service was beautiful, she was a wonderful mother-in-law and she will be greatly missed. Give your family members an extra long hug tonight.
Glen and his mom at our wedding

Thanks for baring with my sappy post, After being out of school for two weeks (one for spring break, one for the funeral) it is good to be back. Of course we started with our state testing today...but that is a post for another time. I'll be back to school postings tomorrow, just wanted to fill you in as to why I have been MIA for a week. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

4 comments: