Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday and Friday Flasback

It is Friday and I am so happy that the week is over! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday and with Teaching Maddeness for Friday Flashback.
 

1. We had state testing this week. My kids worked hard and tried their best, but it was a long week for them and for me. I don't like not being able to help them at all, and I really hate making them sit so still for so long!

2. My husband and I received our income tax refund so we purchased a new tablet for him. He's like a kid in a candy store with it. I'm so glad we were able to pick it up this week, after the death of his mom, on Easter Sunday, he could use something fun to keep his mind occupied.
 

3. My students finished their historical fiction books this week. It took them a lot longer to illustrate their books than I thought it would. They turned our really well. Here are a few pictures of the finished products. You can read more about my historical fiction unit here.



4. My students and I played the game Island Conquer yesterday to help them practice finding area and perimeter. If you teach area/perimeter it is a great game that is free on TPT!



5. Ideas by Jivey is having an awesome giveaway to celebrate having 300 followers. My Historical Fiction Unit is one of the giveaways. Be sure to head over there and check out all of the awesome items!
 

5 comments:

  1. Yuck to state testing, but yay to the historical fiction. Oregon Trail has a special place in my heart since I'm an Oregonian :)

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your historical fiction books look amazing!
    Thanks for popping over to my blog- I'm going to go download that Island Conquer game now!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your historical fiction books look awesome! What a great way for students to feel accomplished as writers:) Yay for you only having the science test left! Thank you for the link to the area/perimeter freebie. I love Laura Candler's materials!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those historical books!! Your kiddos did an amazing job on those. :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and your historical fiction book ideas. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing, Heather

    ReplyDelete