I printed the cards onto cardstock and laminated them. Then while my students were reading I hung the cards around the classroom. (My students were dying to know what the cards were for as I hung them.) The cards were hung on windows, bookshelves, tables, boards, doors, etc in random number order. After a short mini-lesson on prefixes I partnered my students up, gave them each a recording sheet and had them move around the room answering the task card questions together.
I gave them a few rules:
1. They were not to wait in line for a task card; with only 8 groups and 32 task cards there was no need to wait.
2. They had to discuss their answer with their partner and both be in agreement. (I didn't want one child doing all the work.)
3. They also both had to keep track of their answers.
The task cards made learning prefixes a fun and exciting time. I'm thankful I bought the Task Card Bundle...I plan to use the Suffix set next week! If you haven't used Rachel's task cards before, be sure to check out other ways to use them here.