It is Friday, and boy has it been a long week! One more week and then it is spring break for me. Let me tell you, I can't wait. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday today.
1. On Monday my poor computer died. The hard drive totally kicked the bucket. Thankfully I save most of my work/creations in my drop box...that way I can access things at home and at school, so the work I lost was minimal. The sad part is that I am not stuck to our desktop to work when I am home until we can go out and find a deal on a good laptop.
2. On Tuesday I had a new student join my class. It is funny how much one child can "upset" the balance of a room. This is his third school this year...so he is needing a lot of help and guidance to adjust. I'm thankful I have some great students who are totally taking him under their wing.
3. My students and I used Suffix Task Cards to help us practice for our PSSA testing that is coming in a few short weeks. You can read more about how I use task cards here.
4. Pi day was on Thursday! My students and I celebrated the day with a lot of different and fun activities. I'll be doing a separate blog post about it later this weekend. But here is a sneak peek at a picture from our Pi celebration:
5. Today I was a chaperone on a field trip with 17 students from grades 1-5 who participated in a regional Speech Meet competition. The students had to learn a Bible passage, poem, fable, or patriotic speech to present to judges. The students all did a fantastic job! I was so proud of them all.
That was my weekly five, and I am glad the week is over. I'm ready for bed! Don't forget to link up and share your weekly five!