Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Read Across America Day


I love this time of year...as the world gears up for spring, I'm able to run to the store and purchase Dr. Seuss books on sale! I've loved Dr. Seuss books for as long as I can remember, and even though my students are in fourth grade I still like celebrating Read Across America Day with Dr. Seuss things. I normally read them a book or two (I let them vote on their childhood favorites and those are the ones we read.) I also share with them some "fun facts" about Dr. Seuss that they hadn't heard before. This year while I was looking on Pinterest I discovered this poster from the following website: Seuss Poster
While I knew most of the facts, I didn't know all of them. I am looking forward to sharing some of them with my kiddos on Friday!  I also like to give my kids time to read in their "comfy nooks" (our reading spots where the students each get a pillow or blanket to lay on while they read.) Last year the kids and I decorated our classroom door based on our read aloud The Sign of the Beaver. This year I am planning on having each student create a new book cover of the book they are currently read, or have just finished, and we will use those to decorate outside of our classroom.
What do you like to do for Read Across America Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment