Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Multiple Intelligences Centers-Electricity

Happy Weekend everyone! It is sunny here in PA and the temperature is supposed to go up to 50 degrees! Just the thought of that makes me smile!

I'm currently in the middle of an excellent graduate course. It is called, Teaching the Diverse Learner. It is one of those courses that helps to stretch and challenge you as an educator. I love these kinds of classes because I really believe that we, as teachers, should always be learning.

This past week we have been studying Multiple Intelligences. Evaluating which intelligences we naturally teach to and which intelligences we tend to neglect. It was eye-opening to see which intelligences I don't normally create activities for.

Our assignment this week was to create eight stations/centers that we could have in our classroom during a particular unit of study. One of my favorite units of study is our electricity so I created my centers around that unit.

I wanted to share them with you, just in case you are like me and you don't naturally think of ideas that fit into each intelligence. You can download for free here.

Using activities that meet each of the learning intelligences will really spark some motivation in my kiddos. For other ways to Spark Motivation, head over to Joanne's blog and check out her linky party.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your class and learning, I haven't taken an interesting course or workshop in a long time! I love learning new ideas and information! Your multiple intelligences looks great! Thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about learning and love to model lifelong learning for my students. I am currently taking an online class to get my Reading Teacher license. It's slow going, but I'm learning lots!

    Thanks for sharing your electricity activities. I will definitely use them!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete