Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Writer's Workshop

I'm linking up with Ideas by Jivey (a few days late) for her Workshop Wednesday. The question she posted was "What is your must-have in Writer's Workshop?"
My Writer's Notebook
My immediate response to that question is our Writer's Notebooks. Don't get me wrong, I love my SMARTBoard, highlighters, fun pens etc...but I would not be able to teach Writing Workshop without our notebooks. It is the place where we record our thoughts, our ideas, and "author's secrets." It is the safe place where we can have a "brain dump" and not worry about being graded or judged. I say 'our' because I keep a Writer's Notebook too. If I am asking them to do something I try to have my own example of it to share with them. They are willing to try new things because I've tried it too.
Quote that we glue into our notebooks at the start of the year
I base a lot of my workshop ideas from Ralph Fletcher's book A Writer's Notebook. If you haven't read it-it is a quick read and well worth it.
What is your must have in Writer's Workshop?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you did because it brought me here and your blog is great! I can't wait to see it grow!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete